buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Review of the Day: Amy Bento All Pump Extreme Workout (2008)

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Review of the Day: Amy Bento All Pump Extreme Workout (2008)

I've decided that I need to do more strength training because earlier this year I was doing it 3-4 times a week and I was losing weight. I've tried an Amy Bento Kickboxing workout before and I wasn't impressed with her cuing, but when I heard that this workout was about 120 minutes of strength training I was intrigued. I rented this DVD from Blockbuster.

This workout works every muscle in your body with a variety of combinations that you repeat at least 3 times. I noticed that my heart rate was up and I was sweating quite a lot. Her cuing is a lot better on this one and she does keep you motivated. You start off with a warm-up, then go to upper body, legs, core and then stretching. The core work didn't have your typical exercises and they were very challenging.

I found myself skipping some parts because I don't have a body bar, tube or step. I do have some complaints about this workout. Most of the exercises did include the step. She didn't modify really any of them for people who want to work out on the floor. I would modify by doing the same exercise on the floor and in the case of the body bar I would just use a hand weight. Sometimes she told us what weight she was using, but most of the time she didn't. I did like that she would change the step height and weights on camera. So, it was like she was doing it along with you and you didn't have to pause the DVD.

If you are short on time and can't do the whole 120 minutes there NRG pre-mixes that range from 40-80 minutes. I would recommend this workout to someone who likes a challenging strength training workout. Particularly if you have all of the equipment. If you don't like me and still want to do it and modify it in your own way I would say take a chance and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment