buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Christmas Traditions-The Cinnamon Bear

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Traditions-The Cinnamon Bear

I love old time radio shows. For the past 28 years I have listened to the 'Those Were The Days' radio show. It's hosted by Steve Darnall, but it's original host and creator is Chuck Schaden. Mr. Schaden had a tradition every year to play a radio show called 'The Cinnamon Bear.' It was originally broadcast in 1937. 'The Cinnamon Bear' is about a brother and sister, Jimmy and Judy. They are putting up the Christmas tree with their mom. They soon discover that the star, the silver star that goes on top of the tree is missing. Judy and Jimmy meet a little stuffed bear Paddy O'Cinnamon. He attempts to help Judy and Jimmy locate the silver star. Judy, Jimmy and Cinnamon Bear go on a 26 episode adventure on the Root Beer Ocean through the Looking Glass Valley. Along the way they meet characters called Crazy Quilt Dragon and the Inkaboos.

My mom listened to the Cinnamon Bear. I listened to it as a kid and now thanks to cds my kids now listen to it. It's a family tradition that I hope my kids will pass to their kids. There are a few places online where you can hear 'The Cinnamon Bear.' Here's one I found http://radiolovers.com/pages/cinnamonbear.htm.I believe Steve Darnell is continuing Chuck Schaden's tradition. Those Were The Days comes on every Saturday from 1-5pmcst on WDCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment