buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Basquiat: Now's The Time-Tuesday Tip

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Basquiat: Now's The Time-Tuesday Tip



My favorite painting is on this sign. It's a self-portrait of Jean Michel Basquiat.



jean michel basquiat black and white photo
Jean Michel Basquiat


I don't know much about art, but I was inspired by the Basquiat: Now's The Time exhibit at the AGO in Toronto.  I remember admiring his work as a teenager and being shocked and saddened by his sudden death in 1988. Just a year and 6 months after Andy Warhol.

Warhol and Basquiat
Warhol and Basquiat


Not only do you see his fabulous artwork, but you learn the history behind it. I didn't know he was so influenced by jazz especially Charlie Parker and that he wanted to became a cartoonist when he was a kid.

Charlie Parker and Basquiat
Basquiat was heavily influenced by Charlie Parker


If you are in Toronto, I recommend you stop by the AGO to see this exhibit.  It runs through May 10, 2015.

Basquiat AGO reactions
Reactions to the Basquiat exhibit

No comments:

Post a Comment