buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix Popcorn Review (It's not Garrett Popcorn, but still good)

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Friday, June 12, 2015

G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix Popcorn Review (It's not Garrett Popcorn, but still good)




I live in Toronto, but I'm a Chicago girl. To me Chicago is a fantastic city known for its architecture, live theater, wonderful people (like me) and of course the food. When you think of Chicago food, deep dish pizza immediately comes to mine. We are also known for what's called the "Chicago Mix." That's a mixture of cheese and caramel popcorn.  If you're a Chicagoan and you hear the words "Chicago Mix" Garrett Popcorn comes to mind.

When I'm home I always try to go to Garrett Popcorn. Why?! Because it's the best popcorn ever! That's where the "Chicago Mix" was born. Recently Garrett Popcorn has had to stop using the name "Chicago Mix" because of a lawsuit by a company called Candyland. Candyland holds the trademark for "Chicago Mix." They had to change the name to "Garrett Mix". But I still call it "Chicago Mix." Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

I was very happy to find G.H. Cretors' "Chicago Mix" here in Toronto. I was amazed at how close it was to the "Garrett Mix." The caramel popcorn definitely reminded it me of Garrett's "CaramelCrisp."  It was sweet, buttery and just yummy.  The cheese popcorn could have been cheesier, but when you put the two together....heaven.

Chicago Mix


G.H. Cretors' "Chicago Mix" is the closest brand I've tried that tasted like Garrett's.  When I ran out of it, I made a special trip to the store to get more.  I hope that the store continues to sell it. It's like having a little piece of home with me in every bite. 

Their popcorn is gluten-free and contains non-GMO ingredients. Another reason to like them, right?! Check out G.H. Cretors' website for more flavors. You can also like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!

Please feel free to connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and now finally I'm on Instagram!  Have you tried G.H. Cretors Popcorn?! What did you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment