buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: The Promontory-Chicago Restaurant Review

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Friday, December 18, 2015

The Promontory-Chicago Restaurant Review




When The Promontory opened a couple of years ago, I immediately wanted to go. Mainly because it's in my favorite neighborhood, Hyde Park.  Also because of the concept of a restaurant, bar and concert venue all in one place. 


While in my hometown this summer I went there with a couple of friends.  The atmosphere was laid-back. I felt comfortable sitting there chatting with my friends well after the meal was over.  They didn't rush us out.  The staff were friendly and service was excellent. 

The food was very good.  My friend had the salmon and crab cakes. My other friend and I had the lamb burger with chickpea fries.  Yes, chickpea fries!  I had never heard of chickpea fries and was nervous and excited to try them.  The meal was delicious and if I never have potato fries again that would be ok because the chickpea fries were better than I imagined they could be.  

The Promontory Review The Elements of Review
Lamb Burger with Chickpea Fries


I haven't attended a concert there yet, but it seems like every night there is someone performing there.  I like having a neighborhood place where I can just hang out and listen to music on any night.  The concert list is here


Salmon and Crab Cakes The Promontory
Salmon and Crab Cakes



The Promontory also gives back to the community with #hashtaglunchbag. On the last Saturday of every month they feed the homeless. Everyone is encouraged to come to The Promontory to help assemble and distribute 1000 lunch bags to Chicago's homeless.  When I'm there next year, I will make sure to attend #hashtaglunchbag.


Celebrate New Year's Eve at The Promontory with their NYE Tasting Menu. Find out more here.



The Promontory is located at 5311 S Lake Park, Chicago, 312-801-2100.

Hours

Dinner Nightly
Sun–Thurs: 5pm–11pm
Sat–Sun: 5pm–1am
Weekend Brunch
Sat–Sun: 9am–3pm
Weekday Lunch
Mon–Fri: 11am–3pm
Box Office
Thurs–Sat: 5-10pm

To find out more about The Promontory, go to their website.  You can also follow them on TwitterInstagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment