buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: All of The Amazing Sights & Flavors of New York

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

All of The Amazing Sights & Flavors of New York

 
Entrance to the Empire State Building. We didn't go up because it was a cloudy, rainy day.



Our trip to New York was fun!  My husband and I lived Brooklyn for two years 2000-2002.  We had not been back there to visit since 2005 when our son was one years old. 


Times Square
Times Square


We were there for 4 days and got to see a lot. I wish we had a little more time there because I didn't get to see everything I wanted.  But we took in many of the sights and flavors of New York City!


We stayed at the Doubletree in Manhattan.  It's in a great location.  The room was clean and the service great, but the room was incredibly small for 4 people.  We were tripping all over each other.  Luckily we weren't in the room much.

 
30 Rockerfeller Plaza
30 Rock

 The Sights


Some highlights of our trip were walking down Fifth Avenue and stopping at 30 Rockefeller Center, visiting the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) and the American Museum of History. And of course we went to Central Park!




Central Park
Central Park


 The Flavors


In Brooklyn and visited with relatives and my best friend, Faith.  Faith and I had a wonderful meal at Shane's Brooklyn and we shopped local at Brooklyn Flavors. Brooklyn Flavors has soaps, candles, skin care, etc. with the scents of the different neighborhoods in Brooklyn.  I bought a soap with the essence of Prospect Park.

Brooklyn Flavors



Brooklyn Flavors soap
Soap from Brooklyn Flavors- Prospect Park Scent




Shane's Shrimp and Grits
Shane's Shrimp and Grits




We also enjoyed our first taste of Shake Shack!  Like I said earlier, there was so much to see and do.  I wish I read this blog post from World of Wanderlust before our trip.   This post is a weekend guide to New York City.  She's a lot better at seeing a lot for a short period of time than we are.  You can read her post here.  


Shake Shack Burger
Shake Shack

If you're thinking about a trip to NYC or anywhere else and want to save on your hotel, check out Travel Set Go.  There are at least 400,000 hotels to choose from. You can find out more information in my review here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment