buzzoole code Socially Connected Consulting: Chicago is my Favorite City in the World

Create. Engage. Grow Your Business

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Chicago is my Favorite City in the World


Chicago-The Bean
Cloudgate aka The Bean

Yes, Chicago is my favorite city in the world.  I have lived in Brooklyn, NY, Cambridge, England, Vancouver, Canada and now we are in Toronto.  I grew up and lived in Chicago for 40 years of my life.


Chicago Skyline
Beautiful Skyline


No matter where we live, we must visit Chicago at least once a year.  That is the deal I made with my husband.  He gets to live outside of Chicago and I get to go home during the summer for several weeks to visit.

Yes, when I'm in Chicago, I feel energized and relaxed at the same time.  We spent Easter weekend there this year. 


Agora Sculptures in Grant Pake Chicago
The Agora Sculptures in Grant Park


We stayed at the Palmer House Hotel.  The Palmer House has been in downtown Chicago for decades.  As a native Chicagoan, I have always wanted to stay there.  The Palmer House has a beautiful lobby and dining area, but the room we stayed in definitely needed renovation.  But I can now cross it off my bucket list.


Chicago The Palmer House
The Elevators in the lower level of the Palmer House





Chicago Palmer House
Ceiling in the dining area



Chicago Palmer House
Near the Wabash entrance of the Palmer House


We had a a couple of must-sees while in Chicago. The first was The Greeks exhibit at The Field Museum.  We've been trying to see this exhibition for a while in other cities, but just couldn't make it.  We decided that we couldn't miss this chance and finally got to see it in Chicago.


Chicago- Field Museum
The Field Museum


The Brachiosaurus Outside The Field Museum.
Chicago-The Greeks
The Greeks




Chicago-The Greeks
The Greeks



We learned quite a lot about ancient Greece and got to see some beautiful artifacts. So glad we had the opportunity to see it!

Then we met up with my parents. We ate lunch at Macy's and then attended the flower show.












The next day we went to the Van Gogh's Bedrooms exhibit at The Art Institute of Chicago.  The exhibit was fantastic and gave us a look into the one of the most famous bedrooms of all-time and why it was so special to Van Gogh. The Van Gogh's Bedrooms exhibit runs through May 10, 2016.




Art Institiute of Chicago




van gogh's bedrooms




Van Gogh Bedrooms Chicago



This was a short trip and we didn't get to some of my favorite restaurants this time.  We didn't even get any deep dish pizza! *gasp* But, we'll be back in August and I have plans to visit all of my favorites then.  Until then here are some of my previous blog posts about my favorite restaurants in Chicago!

The Promontory-Chicago
Batter & Berries 
Batter & Berries Part Deux 
Protein Bar 
Honey Butter Fried Chicken 
Brown Sugar Bakery 

Also please be sure to check out my Summer In Chicago post I wrote last year. We know how to do Summer in Chicago! 

Have you been to Chicago?!  What are your favorite things to do?! Please tell me in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment